Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Do You Have the Barb Factor?

I have the pleasure of traveling quite a bit. This allows me to see a variety of great places and great people. It also puts me in a great number of airplanes. Many times the service is less than stellar, but every once in a while I encounter someone who makes the concept of being trapped in a metal tube at 35,000 feet quite enjoyable! There are two people who come to mind; one is Kit Rupp out of Detroit, MI. She was so fantastic and excited when I was traveling to speak at a convention in MI. (I realize that the thought of flying to Michigan in the dead of winter is a crazy concept, but until I find a way to have 10,000 people come to my house to hear me speak; I have to go to them)

The more recent example happened the other weekend. Shelly and I were heading back from Colorado and were frantically trying to catch our flight. My book signing line at the convention I was keynoting was longer than usual and I wanted to make sure I had an opportunity to help everyone I could. We finally arrived at the airport and checked in for our 3:05 flight AT 2:29!! Put on the running shoes, blast through security, and run 96 football fields to the gate.

We were greeted at the end of the jet way by a wonderful woman named Barb. She was singing and laughing. We were seated in the front row and witnessed her pleasant demeanor with every boarding guest. After everyone was seated I made a point to compliment her on her attitude. "I have been doing this for years and I have found that my work is so much more pleasant if I bring a great attitude."

Needless to say, I will go out of my way to fly Frontier airlines. I would challenge you to bring the "Barb Factor" to everything you do today. Brighten someone's day, compliment others, and provide exceptional service.

Food for thought...

Visit www.theshef.com
For more information about booking The Shef for your next event, visit http://www.theshef.com
or call our offices at 1-800-863-2591.

No comments: