Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Don't Wanna...

Momentum is a very interesting creature. It is awesome when you have it and what you are doing propels you forward with very little effort. It is a pain when you need to start building it. Jim Collins writes about the "flywheel" concept in his best seller, Good to Great. Simply put, a large flywheel (think merry-go-round) takes a tremendous amount of effort to get moving with very little reward in the beginning. Once the flywheel develops momentum, however, it does not take much effort to keep it going.

Where am I going with all of this? We are sitting in our running clothes, enjoying a beautiful morning. We are committed to running, love running, and know that we have to run. Yet, I'm writing this blog.... If there is something you are committed to doing, take some kind of action. It may be small, but successful people don't do large things better than anyone else, they do a series of small things that other people are not willing to do.

1. What can I do RIGHT NOW that will move me in the direction that I want to go?
2. What little thing can you do right now to start momentum?
3. What reward will I get when I take some action?

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going for a run.....

www.theshef.com

For more information about booking The Shef for your next event, visit http://www.theshef.com
or call our offices at 1-800-863-2591.

No comments: