Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Be Your Own Siri


Siri is Apple's favorite know it all babe. She can give you the answers to nearly any question, provide you with directions to a destination, and even nag you to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home from work.
Everyone possesses their own Siri (even  those people without an Apple product). Siri is like an electronic version of your subconscious mind. 

The subconscious mind never stops working, cannot tell the difference between what is vividly imagined and what is real, and will find answers to whatever questions you ask of it. The problem is that most people ask really terrible questions of themselves.

Siri Subconscious mind

Imagine that you were wandering aimlessly in a strange city, pushed the button on your iPhone to summon Siri and asked, "Why am I always getting lost?" Naturally, her response will be something like, "Where are you going?" or "What can I help you find?" If you are like 97% of the population, you would say, "I dunno. I'll know it when I see it though!" Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it? 

In this article, I will share 3 simple success tips that you can apply today and achieve positive results instantly!

1. The quality of your questions determines the quality of your outcomes.
Most people ask terrible questions of themselves like, "Why am I so fat?", "Why won't anyone hire me?", and "Why am I no good at (whatever)?". Your Siri (subconscious mind) goes into overdrive seeking answers to your questions. Here are a few questions that I use to shift what could be perceived as a negative situation into a positive one:
- What can I learn from this situation?
- What is great about this situation?
- What about this situation would make a funny or meaningful story that audiences would enjoy?

2. Where are you at currently? 
I can ask Siri for good Chinese food, but the answers will vary greatly dependent upon what city I may be in. She must know where I am at currently so she can help me get to where I want to go. The same is true in everyone's life. Knowing a starting point is a crucial ingredient to getting you to your destination. If you are committed to getting in shape, but can't even see you shoes because of your gut; admit it! Don't ask, "Why am I so fat?", a better question would be, "How can I create the body I deserve, and enjoy the process of creating it?"

3. Remember your contact list.
Siri can locate people on your contact list. For some strange reason, when many people decide to begin a new business or pursue a goal, they are unwilling to ask the help of others. When pursuing a goal, business, or any other venture; NO ONE does it alone! Build up your personal board of directors who will not only support you, but will also hold you accountable to your commitment. The power of the Mastermind has been around since the dawn of time and is a common thread in any success story. 

Gadgets are great, but the greatest computer ever created is the one between your ears. Feed it well, exercise it, and use it to it's full potential!

What are some of your most empowering questions?



For more information about booking The Shef for your next event, visit http://www.theshef.com or call our offices at 1-563-343-5412

No comments: