Thursday, March 5, 2009

Can I Pay You $50 to Workout for Me?

What a crazy week it has been. We are training to run a 1/2 marathon, and the training started last weekend. (In theory) I can't speak for Shelly, but I have been catching a case of "busy" lately. I'm busy with conference calls, meetings, speaking engagements, dealings with publishers, etc. All of the sudden, I don't have time for a workout! My assistant, Tamara, keeps telling me I should delegate more to her. Immediately I thought of my workout. Wouldn't it be great if you could do that?

Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing one of my closest friends and a great inspiration, Dr. John Byrne, speak. He has ran Leadville. For those of you who don't know what Leadville is, it is a 100 mile run that must be completed in 30 hours beginning and ending in Leadville, CO. The training and dedication that he put into it is nothing short of awesome. I also met 3 new friends who are running the thing this year. John DeDoncker, Tom Waterman, and Doug Himmelman. These guys have nothing to do but train. Actually, I'm just kidding. John is the president of a bank, Tom is an attorney, and Doug is an accountant. These guys do "short" runs of 25-30 miles to warm up. Quite frankly, I wonder where they store their battery packs, because I am only training to do 13.1!

Needless to say, you can sell yourself on anything. Either that you are too busy to take control of your physical destiny or that you are the only person who can do anything about your physical destiny. Think about it. I'm throwing on the running gear now....

Visit www.theshef.com for great stuff.

Shef
For more information about booking The Shef for your next event, visit http://www.theshef.com
or call our offices at 1-800-863-2591.

No comments: