Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Don't Have Time for Personal Development!

I hear this from people all of the time. They offer a litany of how much stuff they have to do and offer up why they can't pick up a book or listen to an audio. Yet these people are glued to their televisions to capture the next episode of American Idol.

I have several consulting clients and one of the subjects that comes up is increasing revenue. (Duh, if you're paying someone for their advice, you may want a return on your investment!) I immediately ask them what the last book they read was. I'm not talking about the latest thriller or romance novel they devoured on the beach; rather, I want to know the last personal development book. I then send them to the book store and tell them that I will continue their session after they have finished half of the book. They still pay me for the session even if it is only 10 minutes; but that is how profound personal development is!

My challenge to you is this: Go hang out at your local bookstore and devour some personal development material. Your business will never grow until you grow. Let me know how it works for you.

For more great info, visit www.theshef.com

No comments: